What is Padel Tennis?
- A mixture of tennis, squash, and racketball, played indoors or outdoors in doubles format
- The court is two thirds the size of a tennis court and enclosed with wire mesh
- The glass walls at either ends are used to play off (like squash) which means you can have long rallies
- Scoring is the same as in tennis but with underarm serving – easy!
What are the benefits?
- Easy to play for all ages and abilities as the ball strike is made close to the hand and body
- Rewarding at any level, it has a rapid learning curve which has low emphasis on technical skill and power
- Smaller enclosed court means play is continuous, so you are never ‘ball collecting’
- Played as doubles it is very sociable and between four is inexpensive
- Great aerobic work out
- Padel is addictive and great fun – every time
Padel Tennis Court Prices
- As little as £4 an hour non members.
- As little as £2 an hour members (super off peak rate).
For more information, to book onto a session please call 01484 422541 or contact us. If you are local please just pop in and you will be accommodated.
If you would like to book a court you can use the clubspark online booking system.
Follow us on Facebook for regular Padel Tennis information and news from Huddersfield Lawn Tennis and Squash Club. Also our partners game4padel.com.
A governing body has been founded and you can keep in touch with all that’s happening in the UK at LTA Padel and on Facebook.