What is Padel Tennis?
- A mixture of tennis, squash, and racketball, played indoors or outdoors in doubles format
- The court is two thirds the size of a tennis court and enclosed with wire mesh
- The glass walls at either ends are used to play off (like squash) which means you can have long rallies
- Scoring is the same as in tennis but with underarm serving – easy!
What are the benefits?
- Easy to play for all ages and abilities as the ball strike is made close to the hand and body
- Rewarding at any level, it has a rapid learning curve which has low emphasis on technical skill and power
- Smaller enclosed court means play is continuous, so you are never ‘ball collecting’
- Played as doubles it is very sociable and between four is inexpensive
- Great aerobic work out
- Padel is addictive and great fun – every time
Padel Tennis Court Prices
- £24 an hour non members.
- £8 an hour members (summer promotion).
- £5.00 guest fee applies to non members and social members of the club whilst playing with racket sport club members.
For more information, to book onto a session please call 01484 422541 or contact us. If you are local please just pop in and you will be accommodated.
If you would like to book a court you can use the online booking system.
Follow us on Facebook for regular Padel Tennis information and news from Huddersfield Lawn Tennis and Squash Club.
A governing body has been founded and you can keep in touch with all that’s happening in the UK at British Padel and on Facebook.